Field AV Service Technician - Dallas, TX
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Travel will be required up to 80%-90%, Mon - Fri most weeks of
the year with the potential for a weekend project every 6th week.
Travel will be local when possible but it very well could be from
coast to coast depending upon business needs.
Flexible scheduling is required to accommodate customer needs.
Job Purpose and Core Tasks
The Performance Support Specialist II supports product performance
by performing various support duties of KARL STORZ OR1 Integrated
Operating Rooms and Network-based systems.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in OR systems with high
complexity and serves as a higher-level support.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times by following SOPs, SLAs,
and Work Instructions.
- The Performance Support Specialist II is a national role that
supports multiple regions as assigned.
- Ensures market-leading performance of deployed Integrated OR AV
and IP systems.
Must work to establish themselves as technical expert with, a
proficient understanding of A/V and IP systems and how they
interact. Must be able to troubleshoot the highest level of
As a subject matter expert, this role will be called upon to
support various technical inquiries, support, and questions through
phone, remote service, or onsite support. This role is expected to
work closely with the Critical Response Team to address or
investigate highly complex issues.
Demonstrates responsibility in communicating effectively with
internal and external customers; achieving excellent customer
satisfaction by meeting established deadlines per SOPs and
Exceeds in technical excellence and knowledge.
- Operates with limited direct supervision.
- Acts as a specialist in resolving complex technical
- Serves as a subject matter expert.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair,
equipment modifications on integration, and IT/network-based
systems (KSEA and 3rd party products), including high complexity
- Proficient knowledge of KARL STORZ OR1 Core Product portfolio,
system operations, SW/HW configuration, system troubleshooting, and
- Will be assigned to investigate customer-sensitive situations
and be able to navigate through complex situations.
- Ability to recognize a problem/potential problem within a
high-stress environment and report to leadership
- Provides suggestions for improvement to systems. Reviews
installation work instructions and service documents. Recommend
changes to documentation when applicable.
- Understands how to service customers with excellence to drive
service contracts and service contract renewals.
- Must meet or exceed service revenue attainment goals
Documentation and Paperwork
- Utilizes technology (iPhone, computer, and related software and
applications) to perform required administrative duties (e.g.
timesheets) weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Submit corporate documentation on time with rigor.
- Complete and submit daily project status reports and
deliver/communicate status reports with project management on a
daily basis or at a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date hospital
credentialing portfolio. Follows hospital protocols and upholds
KARL STORZ standards of professional conduct when working with
customers, management, and fellow employees. Utilizes customer
protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abides by all
KARL STORZ protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for cost-effectively managing travel and equipment
- May be called upon to support scheduled training programs
- Attends technical update classes/training in the field,
virtually, or in a designated KARL STORZ site as scheduled.
- Good driving record and the ability to travel up to 80%
throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico to customer sites that
include, but are not limited to hospitals, operating rooms,
laboratories, and surgery centers. Must meet hospital credentialing
- Flexible scheduling is required to accommodate customer needs.
The Hybrid shift is from 12 pm to 9 pm but may vary. A hybrid day
schedule to include Saturdays may also be required as needed to
support customers. Minimum Knowledge, Education, and Skill
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- 5-7 years in a technical support role, troubleshooting AV or IP
infrastructures , or 2-3 years as a KARL STORZ OR1 role or relevant
Minimum education, certifications, and/or credentials:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of
education and relevant experience, meets or exceeds Technical Goal
Guidelines set for a high-level performance support specialist
Minimum hard skill requirements (Technical Goal Guidelines):
- Proficient understanding of Cable Media: the ability to
distinguish Coax, Mini-Hi- Res, Copper, Multi-Conductor, CAT-5/6,
and Fiber Optic Cabling
- Proficient understanding of Cable Handling and Terminations:
the ability to maintain proper cable pull techniques, ability to
maintain uniform cable dressing and secure system connections;
Solder, Fiber-Terminations, and Crimp, Compression for audio,
video, network, control, and power devices
- Able to mount AV equipment such as wall displays and
- Knowledgeable in control systems, audio consoles, power
amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers,
video scalers, PC interfaces, computer controls, and digital video
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting AV or KARL STORZ Integrated OR
systems or related experience.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office,
including Outlook, TEAMS, Word and Excel.
- Able to read and understand work instruction and
- Proficient in using applicable hand tools, fiber termination
kits, and power meters
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Excellent, polished customer interaction skills. Ability to
communicate professionally and articulately with customers
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and
treat fellow employees with respect
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with
changing priorities and work situations
- Ability to document service events and complete required
- Uses patience when listening to people.
- Accurately conveys information.
- Uses proper business etiquette for email and phone
- Responds promptly with a high level of service.
- Openly shares information for collaboration.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a
- Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- Ensuring in providing a safe work environment
- Continuous improvement mindset. Open to feedback
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to business processes
- Expert knowledge of KARL STORZ Integrated OR1 Core product
portfolio, third-party devices, and peripherals/accessories.
- Expert knowledge of KARL STORZ OR1 Core Product knowledge but
not limited to system operations, SW, and HW configuration.
- Expert knowledge in utilizing software in loading code and
system configurations for various KARL STORZ Integrated OR1
Preferred education, certifications, and/or credentials:
- CompTIA A+ certification or related Audio/Video certification
(CTS) or relevant technology certification/credentials
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more! Field sales, internships, and part-time
employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process . click apply for full job details
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Downey , Field AV Service Technician - Dallas, TX, Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!