FP&A Analyst II - Downey
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Job Summary: This individual contributor is primarily
responsible for supporting financial planning, modeling, analysis,
and forecasting, assisting in financial assessment, preparing
financial and other reports, and researching financial trends.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with
coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking
performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses;
assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to
and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in
subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies
and applying data, and resources to support projects or
initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally,
to solve business problems; supporting the completion of
priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and
information; identifying and recommending ways to address
improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or
risks as appropriate.
- Supports the evaluation of the business environment by
assisting with financial assessment (e.g., Situational,
Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis).
- Supports internal and external audits by assisting with
preparation of audit schedules and review of audit results.
- Supports the creation of budgets and/or forecasts in accordance
with business strategic initiatives by analyzing budgeting trends;
conducting budget and forecasting; and providing information as
requested to aid the development of department/regional
- Supports others in advising region/business unit leaders on
strategic fiscal matters by assisting with preparation of regular
and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in
order to facilitate financial management throughout the
organization; and assisting with organizing regular meetings with
leadership to review financial results for their areas.
- Supports financial modeling by assisting with development of
best-practice models; documenting risk alternatives; and assisting
with the development of what-if scenarios and forecasts using
in-house models or software.
- Supports assessment of the business vision, objectives, and
strategic initiatives by conducting research to assess financial
impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Supports costing activities by assisting with the
identification of cost avoidance and cost recovery
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by using
templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report)
and computer applications; conducting financial analyses (e.g.,
operating cash flow analyses, pro forma P&L, line item walk
forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow,
statistical analyses, economic analyses); and completing variance
analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods,
- Supports reporting of region/business unit financial
information by preparing and evaluating financial trend
information, data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and
expense; recording assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and
collecting data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support
analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume
reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment
- Supports field operations by assisting with analysis of their
- Supports Financial Statement Analysis of business partners
(e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by
using software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual
reports, and/or interviews; and determining the financial status
(viability) of business partners.
- Supports improving financial performance by assisting with the
identification of financial trends; running analyses and calling
attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to
- Supports strategic financial planning by performing financial,
utilization, and benchmark analytics.
- Supports strategic financial planning by gathering
recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity,
financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and assisting with
development of financial concepts for financial planning and
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Downey , FP&A Analyst II - Downey, Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!