Quality Assurance Specialist
Company: Shryne Group Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire
through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture
with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer
and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a
footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of
California; the world's largest cannabis market. We control our
supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to
deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by
offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified
products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
We're seeking energetic QC Technicians to assist the Operations
Management team with daily functions that will support many facets
of the company. The ideal candidate will be punctual,
detail-oriented, trustworthy, and willing to flex into a new role
at any given moment. This is an entry-level position, in which the
QC Technicians are responsible for the control of product quality,
quantity, and safety while following BCC, cGMP, CDFA, CDPH, FDA,
and ISO guidelines. One must have the ability to monitor acceptable
quality limits (AQL) set by the company's Quality Department and to
enforce prompt and necessary corrective actions. Cannabis Industry
experience is a plus!
2 Shifts available
Schedule: 6am - 3:00pm or 3:30pm - 12am
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- To belong to a community of relentlessly dedicated individuals
driven by a passion to be a best in class cannabis brand.
- To do exceptionally meaningful work that helps to improve
other's quality of life.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; guided by an authentic
understanding of cannabis and cannabis culture; and committed to
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is
positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning in
a startup company
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what
needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
- Perform Microbiological swabbing of equipment and environment
and document results.
- Perform periodic weight monitoring and quality inspections and
alert production of any non-compliance for prompt
- Promptly reports issues to Quality Control Manager, which
includes any unfavorable results if corrective actions do not
- Ensure batch records are correctly filled out and logbooks are
Salary$17 USD per hourRequired SkillsQUALIFICATIONS
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up atmosphere environment and
able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must show good attention to detail and possess good people
skills and be able to multitask and work under pressure and good
- Ability to wear the required PPE and practice safe work
- Possess a willingness to learn new skills and traits, also
express an optimistic outlook and be ready for growth.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust
- Must have basic computer proficiency and competence in
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable with monotonous working assignments and willing to
cross-training in different departments.
- Ability to work independently and within a team and willing to
take direction as needed.
- Must have good Math knowledge, including the use of decimal
- Comfortable with attending weekly or monthly meetings and
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor,
with an ability to interact with employees and others at any level
within the organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with
- Minimum of a High School diploma; preferred Associate's degree
and previous experience in a quality control environment,
preferably in a cGMP/FDA/ISO setting (preferred, but is not
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
- Be able to stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time, bend,
kneel, squat, and twist
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team
and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced
workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer,
and gloves as needed. We are an essential business and we require
our team to work in the office.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
- The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of
manufacturing and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring
product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product
- Previous experience in Cannabis or Botanical processing
About Shryne Group Inc.Shryne Group Inc. is a Los Angeles-based
cannabis holding company with a fully, vertically integrated asset
and license portfolio covering the breadth of California, the
largest legal cannabis market in the world. The enterprise is the
result of the synergetic integration of profitable cannabis assets
and veteran professionals who have come together for the
opportunity to shape this industry. Our vision is informed by an
intimate understanding of cannabis culture, its history and the
collective expertise of decades of experience in diverse fields.
Our STIIIZY product line is one of the best-selling cannabis brands
in the market today. We are rooted in California, but currently
have operations in Nevada and Washington - soon to be in Michigan,
and distribution networks to future markets in more than 60
- Partnered with UFCW: The UFCW partners with cannabis workers,
patients, consumers, community allies, elected officials, and
business owners to achieve the shared goals of creating an industry
with family-sustaining jobs and a focus on social equity
- Full time status based on seniority
- Medical Insurance for 70% covered by the company for part time
and full time employment
- Paid training to learn about the history of cannabis,
compliance, product knowledge, and sales
- Quarterly samples (ranging from $100-$300)
- Annual employee appreciation 30-40% merchandise discount for
- Paid holidays
The following benefits apply to all retail employees under the
global contract only (excludes Davis/Modesto):
- 10% employee discounts and 20% employee discounts on Stiiizy
mmj products on top of already highly competitive prices
- 1.5x premium pay for working on 4/20
- 1 floating holiday after 12 months of employment
- Employee birthday paid holiday
Equal opportunity employerShryne Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Shryne Group Inc., Downey , Quality Assurance Specialist, Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!