Pharmacy Technician - Outpatient
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Are you passionate about helping people? We embrace a culture of
passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part of the reason
we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best
Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join
us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others.Do you work well in a large team environment where
critical thinking is essential?As a Outpatient Pharmacy Technician
at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for the
preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile
oral and injectable medications and participation in departmental
programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician
under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent RequiredLicense/Certification
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State
Board of Pharmacy LicenseWhat else are we looking for?
- You would have an adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy
Training, as well as show a deep sense of honesty, integrity,
reliability and good hygiene. Pharmacy background is necessary for
the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for
pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc. for
- You will exhibit accuracy and punctuality in all facets of
- You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios,
proportions and percentages.Physical Demands:Physical Requirements
(physical abilities essential to perform the job):
- Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional
sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds
for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices
including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other
- Able to read information on medication labelsWork Environment
(work environments, hazards and exposures that may be encountered
on the job)
- Exposure to minimal but constant noise levels.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Some functions may include incidental exposure to hazards
associated with preparation of cytotoxic medications.
- Some functions may require use of protective gear such as
Working Title:Pharmacy Technician - Outpatient
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Downey , Pharmacy Technician - Outpatient, Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!