Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Company: Liberty Ambulance
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SUMMARYProvides emergency medical care, patient assessment and
care, transport services, and other services by performing the
following duties.Appropriate for an energetic, professionally
minded EMS individual.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Maintain, on file, current and valid California Emergency
Medical Technician certification
- Maintain, on file, current and valid Ambulance Driver
- Maintain, on file, current and valid Medical Examiners
- Maintain acceptable driving record by company auto insurance
- Maintain, on file, current and valid AHA BLS certification
- Obtain and maintain, on file, current and valid local
accreditations and permits
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR qualify for an exemption
(medical or religious).
- If approved for a qualifying exemption, frequent COVID-19 tests
must be completed and submitted to the Company prior to shifts.
LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability
to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization.REASONING ABILITYAbility to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists.Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates ambulances and other company equipment safely and
- Basic life support treatment and transportation of sick and
- Providing emergency medical treatment, while not exceeding the
level of skill, training and certification of the individual
- Full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal
regulations and laws, pertaining to but not limited to protocols,
standards of care, motor vehicle operations, and patient rights, as
well as all Liberty Ambulance rules, policies, directives, and
instructions from management.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and treatments
- Prepares inventories and stocks supplies and inspects equipment
for proper operation.
- Demonstrates the attitude of a Health Care Professional to
include, but not be limited to, maintaining a clean appearance,
demonstrating courteous, professional and ethical behavior, and
demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with other members
of the EMS Health Care System.
- Demonstrates a sincere desire to continually improve and
upgrade the skills and knowledge of the emergency medical
- Demonstrates the ability to safely lift, transfer and maneuver
patients in and out of ambulances, facilities, residences and other
- Cleans and disinfects interior of ambulance.Cleans and details
exterior of ambulance.Cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness and
proper stocking of the ambulance, company vehicles, equipment,
office, lounge, and bathrooms.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family
members, medical personnel, coworkers, and the general public in
verbal and written form.
- Must have reliable transportation and must report to work
punctually for all scheduled shifts and in proper uniform.
- Maintaining a clean and complete uniform, personal hygiene, and
professional, pleasant and polite demeanor to all persons with whom
the individual comes in contact with while on duty.
- Completing and maintaining accurate records and documentation
with regard to transport, equipment inspection, supplies usage
incidents and other forms of documentation inherent in the
- Promote the company, perform public relations when assigned,
perform standby coverage at special events, deliver medical
equipment and supplies when assigned, and other details when
- Attend company meetings and educational sessions.
- Inspect and promptly report damage, deficiencies, safety issues
or other problems with ambulances, company vehicles, equipment and
supplies, or any other matters relevant to the safe, efficient and
proper operation of the company.
- Compliance with all provisions of the Employee Policies and
Procedures Manual, as well as all other company rules, regulations,
directives, or instructions from supervisors.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding all information
pertaining to company policies, pricing, contract terms, trade
secrets, competitive information, strategic information, patient
date, forms, manuals, charts, employee data, or any other sensitive
or confidential information obtained while employed by or
pertaining to the company, its employees, business information, or
patients.Due to the extremely sensitive nature of this position,
this duty of strict confidentiality extends beyond the term of
employment.Reasonable accommodations may be made where possible to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit,
use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; and talk or hear.The employee occasionally is required to
use a sense of smell.The employee must frequently lift transfer,
maneuver, load and otherwise move clients and/or equipment weighing
up to 250 pounds, with a partner. Such maneuvers are often
performed in surroundings which involve numerous steps, narrow
pathways, and around obstacles, and often must be performed in a
time efficient manner while still ensuring their own safety as well
as the safety of the client, their partner, and any other
individuals or objects in the area. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
Keywords: Liberty Ambulance, Downey , Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!