SATCOM System Analyst (Journeyman - mid-level)
Company: Modern Technology Solutions Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Overview:MTSI is searching for a journeyman (mid-level)
SATCOM System Analyst to support Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to
Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) beyond projected MUOS
End-of Life (EOL). The Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is a
United States Space Force (USSF) narrowband military communications
satellite system that supports a worldwide, multi-service
population of users in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) band.At MTSI,
our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for
specialized professionals within our industry and that you have
many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture
matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are
investing in our companys future!
MTSIs core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration,
Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and
Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise
includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle
survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations,
intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an 'employee comes first' company with over 27 years
of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the
highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of
the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start
accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate
vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee
focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and
an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance planFor
additional company information, please visit:
As ajourneyman (mid-level) SATCOM System Analyst with MTSI you will
provide Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to Narrowband Satellite
Communications (NBSC) beyond projected MUOS End-of Life (EOL). The
Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is a United States Space Force
(USSF) narrowband military communications satellite system that
supports a worldwide, multi-service population of users in the
ultra-high frequency (UHF) band. In this position, you will provide
Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Space Systems Command
(SSC) encompassing the initial planning phase (e.g., AoA) for
procurement of additional satellites, ground systems and follow-on
capability to the MUOS program. A successful candidate should be a
leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior
results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile,
fast-paced environment.Your essential job functions will include
but may not be limited to:
- Performs all functional duties independently.
- Develop and implement a set of techniques or analytics
applications to transform raw data into meaningful information
using data-oriented programming languages and visualization
- Apply data mining, data modeling, natural language processing,
and machine learning to extract and analyze information from large
structured and unstructured datasets.
- Visualize, interpret, and report data findings.
- Create dynamic data reports.
- Support analysis of alternatives (AoA) through research to
inform Government investment decisions.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracyoral
- Minimum three (3) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work
experience on SATCOM.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and assemble technical data;
deliver technical reports, preparation of technical briefing
materials and technical reports.
- Experience with software integration or testing, including
analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts.
- Experience with data science, data mining, statistics, or graph
algorithms to support analytics objectives.
- Experience applying Structured Query Language (SQL),
Non-Structured Query Language (NoSQL), Application Program
Interface (API) Building, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL)
pipelines, Web Application Servers, or Search Index.
- Experience applying complex mathematical and statistical
- Experience applying statistical and operations research methods
- Experience employing spreadsheets for data manipulation and
- Seven (7) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government
- Acumen for Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for future NBSC
beyond projected MUOS End of Life (EOL).
- Understanding of space operational environment and
corresponding mission user needs.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition.
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR)
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
(BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or
- Primary looking for candidates to be in the vicinity of San
Diego, CA, but open to discussing other location such as LA and COS
with travel when required.
- You will be required to travel up to 25% of time within the
continental United States.Clearance Requirements:
- Candidate must have active TOP SECRET
clearance with SCI eligibility as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions Inc., Downey , SATCOM System Analyst (Journeyman - mid-level), Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!