Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Principal
Architect Location: Downey, CA Job Number: 942646 Date posted:
03/15/2021 Submit Interest Description: This senior level
individual contributor is primarily responsible for leading
development of the IT strategic technology direction over technical
domains and developing the IT enterprise architecture, while
ensuring alignment on IT architecture and technology direction
across business and IT leaders.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying
customer and operational needs; developing and updating new
procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for
objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into
actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing
resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing
obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and
developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex
issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by
soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building
collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating
information and providing advice to drive projects forward;
adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing
feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership;
influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open
dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the
strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to
and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with modeling techniques
(e.g., BPMN, UML, ER).
- Minimum four (4) years experience translating solution
requirements into technical architecture requirements.
- Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering,
Business, or related technical field and Minimum ten (10) years IT
experience delivering technical solutions, including at least
Minimum four (4) years in IT architecture. Additional equivalent
work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring
interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level
- Four (4) years experience in a leadership role of a large
- Four (4) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Six (6) years experience architecting, designing, and
implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability
- Six (6) years experience establishing and documenting
standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Three (3) years experience working with Enterprise Architecture
frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman.
- Four (4) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure
Library (ITIL) framework.
- Three (3) years experience with commercial off-the-shelf
- Three (3) years data architecture experience.
- Three (3) years application architecture experience.
- Three (3) years infrastructure architecture
- Three (3) years information security experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with health
- Three (3) years experience working with large corporate or
enterprise business systems.
- Three (3) years experience working with emerging technologies
related to architecture.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
CIS, or related field. Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey
Boeing - Independence Park Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-IT-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Information Technology Specialty: Architecture
Department: KPIT ADMIN - PHARMACY PMO - 9601 Travel: Yes, 10 % of
the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Downey , Principal Architect, Professions , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!