Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Urgent Care, Full-Time, Mid Shift
Company: PIH Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County,
Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health
Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart,
cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The
organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's
Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management
Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for
best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and
healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to
Work TM. For more information, visit or follow us on , , or . -The
Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct or
indirect nursing care to patients who present with urgent,
emergent, or potential health problems; utilizes knowledge of basic
nursing principles, practices and ethics, and concepts under the
direction of a practitioner to meet patient needs in the medical
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and
- Current BLS certification.
- Good understanding of nursing principles.
- Good understanding of patient/family teaching principles.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other
computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health
- Good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Current California LVN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card.
- Experience in direct nursing care in the medical office
setting. -Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's
leading community healthcare provider - one that also recognizes
the need to ensure patient safety and comfort - you'll enjoy an
extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. - We are
an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce.
- - EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: PIH Health, Downey , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Urgent Care, Full-Time, Mid Shift, Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!