Substitute Program Leader
Company: Think Together
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Substitute Program Leader
Pay Rate: $20.25/hourBellflower - Compton - Lynwood
Substitute Program Leaders may work at different sites throughout
the region and receive their assignments based on their
availability. Substitute Program Leaders work directly with a group
of students (ratio is contingent upon CDC guidelines), acting as a
positive adult role model, coach, and mentor. Substitute Program
Leaders must have a genuine interest in the growth, development,
and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students
they teach. Substitute Program Leader's ability to establish
authority through leadership, communication, and most importantly
patience, will be required in giving our students the stability and
nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed. Ensuring that Think
Together students reach their potential takes a tremendous amount
of hard work, flexibility, and commitment.
- Provide homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical
activity, using curriculum and materials provided by the
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of
belonging that kids want to be in.
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take
disciplinary measures when appropriate.
- Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and
assisting in creating lesson plans.
- Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down, and
ongoing maintenance in an effort to keep the school or community
site clean and orderly.
- Promote positive interactions between volunteers and students
in accordance with child safety guidelines.
- Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/
sign-outs for students and volunteers.
- Identify student needs and communicate to Site Coordinator,
teachers, school administration, parents, and volunteers as
- Commit to a full-year program, demonstrated by arriving
on-time, every day and completing time cards appropriately.
- Participate in staff development activities.Requirements:
- Experience working with young children and the ability to
inspire and motivate.
- Proof of graduation from High School or G.E.D. Required;
- Additionally / 48 college semester or 60 college quarter units
required / and/or by passing an Instructional Aide Test (in some
- Ability to speak and write standard English appropriate in a
public school setting.
- Must be available at least 3 days a week (Monday-Friday)
- Program start and end times are roughly between 1:00 PM- 6:00
PM. Times may vary due to minimum day schedules at school
- Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via
- Provide a clear TB test
- Pass Advanced Math and English skills (K - 8) testing
Think Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color,
national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions,
religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for
individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state
law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS),
marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is
dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring,
placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits,
employee activities and general treatment during
Keywords: Think Together, Downey , Substitute Program Leader, Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!