Transportation Manager, Common Carrier - RCCB
Company: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Posted on: July 20, 2021
The Transportation Manager will lead a team of Supervisors and
Drivers to ensure that finished goods are delivered to Coca-Cola
Distribution Centers across the Reyes Holdings Family of
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited
- Staffs, trains, evaluates and develop team members.
- Ensures adherence to delivery standards and regulatory
- Manages Drivers’ delivery schedules and hours worked.
- Works with Manufacturing Plants and Distribution Centers to
ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Manages carrier relationships and conducts carrier
- Negotiates transportation contracts.
- Develops and manages the Transportation budget.
- Reviews and approves Transportation invoices.
- Develops, leads, and executes continuous improvement activities
i.e., safety, cost/efficiency and engagement.
- Monitors employee productivity and timekeeping.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external
- Ensures that product loads are built and delivered to company
- Solves problems and resolves conflicts.
- Effectively communicates to all levels of the
- Effectively manages company assets.
- Ensures compliance of all Department of Transportation (DOT)
laws and policies as well as local collective bargaining
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five plus years of management experience in Transportation,
Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, Manufacturing or
- Two plus years of experience working with contract
- Two plus years of experience contract negotiations
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong employee relations skills.
- Proficient computer skills i.e., Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with DOT regulations.
- Experience managing a budget.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience working in the Beverage
Physical Demands and Work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the
nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery
schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual
in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement
due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, Downey , Transportation Manager, Common Carrier - RCCB, Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!