Health Educator II (Bilingual)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Assesses, designs, implements, presents, and evaluates health
education programs and services.
Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs,
implements, and evaluates basic health education programs,
protocols, and standardsCoordinates a wide range of health
education services, including establishing effective referral and
publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing
scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of
community services to promote the delivery of cost effective health
education services.Provides direct group or one-on-one health
education services to members and the public.Reviews, develops, and
recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio
visual health education materials.Consults with physicians and
staff regarding related health education services.Coordinates
health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter,
informational displays and community health events.Specializes in a
specific area of health education (e.g. HIV nutrition, chronic
disease, health promotion) as required.Prepares reports, grants,
proposals, and documentation as assigned.Participates in
establishing department strategic goals and priorities.Other duties
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health
education services (usually 1 year).
- Master's degree in a field related to the position or one of
the following certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE),
Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD), Board Certified
Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR), Board Certified Specialist in
Pediatric Nutrition (CSP) or Fellow of the American Dietetic
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning
theory, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory.
- Curriculum and materials development.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written
- PC skills Previous individual, small group and large
group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test within
the last twelve (12) months or be active in the QBS program.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Imperial Satelite
Administration Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 24 Shift: Evening
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 08:00
AM Working Hours End: 09:00 PM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
B17-HCP|NUHW|NUHW Healthcare Professionals Job Level: Individual
Contributor Department: Orchard MOB #A - Chemical Dependency-Reg
Clin - 0806 Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Downey , Health Educator II (Bilingual), Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!