Retail Sales Associate, Downey Stonewood Center - Part Time
Company: Macy's, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing,
and change requires innovation.
Macy's Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to
all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers
in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our
team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in
retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply
chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the
mobile app - you'll have opportunities to grow your career while
finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
This Staff Software Engineer role in Macy's Technology is a
leader in the design and development of cross-functional,
multi-platform application systems.
Translate business requirements into well-engineered, tested and
deployed application systems that are used by the business, and
support these systems while in production. Interface with internal
customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective
approach to meet business requirements and design, develop, test,
install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop
solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including
new code construction, modifications to existing modules,
configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties
- Lead the development of the strategy and technical design for
large work type 2 and 3 projects, i.e. define timelines and project
plans, analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and
compatibility with hardware and other programs; ensure that
expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or
- Recommend vendors for projects, and negotiates terms/conditions
with vendors, and support evaluation of new technical direction and
approach with recommendations to Macy's Technology senior
- Lead the coding/configuration, testing, implementation and
documentation of solution and develop detailed design
- Perform complex applications programming activities, including
code, test, debugging, documentation, maintenance, and modification
to complex application programs.
- Monitor and establish operating efficiency of existing
application systems and provide (or arrange for) proactive
maintenance; lead the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to
include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical expert on existing applications and other
inter-related/adjacent systems and applications.
- Design systems/applications with high level of complexity (e.g.
many interfaces, multiple packages, platforms).
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and use
this information to significantly influence future business
- Generate technical and/or business systems knowledge and ideas
from external sources and incorporate those ideas into IT
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance &
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years of direct expereince
- 8-10 years of "hands-on" experience with Java Enterprise, Java
application servers (Websphere, or Weblogic, or JBOSS), and
relational databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server).
- 3-5 years of "hands-on" experience with Web Services and
Messaging Layer using SOAP, REST, JAXB, JMS.
- In-depth knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and
service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Deep technical understanding of the technologies in the
enterprise systems; includes (but not limited to) Java/J2EE,
Spring, Hibernate, EMS, Kafka, JBoss, RDBMS, Cloud/Microservices,
Caching, Secure Development Lifecycle, Distributed Processing.
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps process and tools, and
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the application flow and
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy's, Inc., Downey , Retail Sales Associate, Downey Stonewood Center - Part Time, Other , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!