Associate Technical Services Specialist - Clinical
Company: Karl Storz Endoscopy - America
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12529
Pay Grade: US-C14
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
KARL STORZ is currently seeking an Associate Technical Services
Specialist - Clinical. This position provides product advice to
both internal and external customers. This advice may be basic or
in-depth depending on the background of the individual. The
position is intended primarily for individuals who have a strong
background (example Surgical Technician/ Biomedical Technician),
but who lack extensive exposure to the breadth of KARL STORZ
devices or systems. This position has frequent interaction with
internal and external customers to provide technical advice on KARL
STORZ and Third Party devices marketed by KARL STORZ.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited
- Provide technical assistance with product features, instrument
assembly/disassembly, product troubleshooting, reprocessing and
maintenance information, and proper selection of KARL STORZ
- Professionally resolve customer issues with KARL STORZ
- Frequent communication with internal and external customers via
several channels, including phone, e-mail, Skype, in-person visits,
and meetings. Provide proper guidance on assembly and disassembly
of products in an accurate and effective manner.
- Respond to inquiries and provide instruction to customers on
approved reprocessing methods, depending on device type, including:
high-level disinfection, low-temperature sterilization systems for
heat-sensitive devices, steam sterilization, and ethylene oxide
- Assist with competitive cross reference requests under
supervision of more-senior staff and management.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken
business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated
success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree
- Certifications/ Credentials preferred CRCST, CBME, CBMT, RN,
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to
- Familiarity with the KARL STORZ product line a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and SAP
- Must participate in extensive product training from department
as well as the Sales Enablement team and Marketing in order to
instruct customers on proper device usage, care and maintenance,
- Demonstrate commitment to serving customers, communication with
the customer, and create a welcoming environment for KSEA employees
and our customers.
- Comply with current laws, other regulatory agencies, and
institutional and operating systems.
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all
of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical
condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview
process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role
you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation
regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for
requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our
overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible
except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL
STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our
preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance
additional talent options are required. Your respect for this
process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
Keywords: Karl Storz Endoscopy - America, Downey , Associate Technical Services Specialist - Clinical, IT / Software / Systems , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!