Pharmacy Services Supervisor
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Directs and supervises operations in centralized services,
outpatient or inpatient pharmacies. Supervises the day-to-day
activities in accordance with applicable regulations and cost
containment efforts. Supervise subordinate Pharmacy Technicians,
Clerks, Cashiers, identified administrative staff, and other
centralized services employees. Responsible for financial, service,
quality, compliance and legal/regulatory targets of the assigned
pharmacy or pharmacies. As a member of the pharmacy's management
team, accountable for the overall performance of the
- Monitor and maintain pharmacy workflows to ensure service
delivery within expected parameters of satisfaction, quality and
compliance. Depending on the operational setting (centralized
services, outpatient or inpatient), customers served can include
members, patients, physicians, nurses and ancillary departments.
Oversee and direct the work of subordinate employees according to
departmental policies, procedures and standards. Subordinates
include pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and identified
administrative staff. Maintain and adjust work schedules.
Understand and apply relevant provisions of the Collective
Bargaining Agreements. Identify and resolve problems and complaints
from members, patients, client departments, and/or customers.
Develop and implement solutions using sound problem-solving and
decision-making methods. Provides regular communication and
feedback to staff.
- Respond to immediate service interruptions and/or concerns to
ensure satisfactory service recovery. Identify service concern
trends and develops corrective plans of action. Serve as liaison
between pharmacy and other departments on operational and service
matters. Maintain and adjust resources to meet operational needs,
within budget allocation. Perform, direct and supervise ongoing
training of staff including assessment of training needs and /or
deficiencies relative to policy, best practices and/or established
standards. Serve as train-the-trainer for the department.
Reinforce, and hold direct reports accountable to departmental
policies, procedures, and service culture. Promote a team
environment through modeling of collaborative behaviors; hold
direct reports accountable to team-oriented behaviors and ensure
any necessary team building training is completed.
- Ensure compliance with organizational, departmental, Joint
Commission, CMS, SOX, State Board of Pharmacy and other governing
laws, regulations, standards, and policies and procedures,
including the Principles of Responsibility.
- Ensure effective utilization of pharmaceutical inventory and
maintenance of required record keeping. Oversee cash control
process according to policies and procedures, including ordering
money for cash drawers and management of over/short process. Advise
supervisors of identified discrepancies and make recommendations to
resolve issues. Assist the pharmacist manager with the development
of departmental goals for Service, Quality, Finance, People and
Compliance Utilize tools and reports to formulate departmental
goals, develop operational plans, educate staff and monitor
- Actively participate in local and regional manager Peer Group
meetings to learn and share best practices relative to goal
attainment. Interview applicants and hire employees into
Technician, Clerk and Cashier positions and provide department
orientation for new hires. Provide coaching and counseling to
- In conjunction with pharmacist manager, prepare and administer
performance evaluations (30/60/90 day and annual); administer
formal discipline; respond to union grievances. Conduct
monthly/quarterly attendance reviews. Conduct quarterly reviews on
over/short reports. Perform TIME keeping functions. Facilitate at
department staff meetings including assisting pharmacy manager with
agenda planning. Analyze individual and team performance and
develop operational/correction plans.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of experience supervising non-exempt staff
across various job classifications, including technical and union
employees OR at least two (2) years of experience leading or
directing others in a healthcare environment.Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and/or healthcare
services, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate skills and ability to directly supervise front-line
employees in a complex and high-volume pharmacy environment.
- Ability to assess operational workflow and make adjustments
using sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of procedures and laws/regulations in pharmacy
- Working knowledge of budget development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization
- Working knowledge of computer systems and/or software
applications, including the ePIMS system and Health Connect
- Completion of all KP Pharmacy required management training
- Must complete all KP required training for managing in a union
- Ability to manage in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and conducting training programs for
- Pharmacy Technician certification preferred.PrimaryLocation :
California,Downey,Downey Service CenterHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PMJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category :
PharmacyDepartment : Downey Service Center - Central Refill Center
- 0801Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Downey , Pharmacy Services Supervisor, Healthcare , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...