Medical Assistant (FT) - Physicians Surgery Center of Downey
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Overview:Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who
care for 1 million patients each year and support physician
specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together,
our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a
better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total
cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery
system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a
complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group
of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to
customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated
ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through
our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy
predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical
procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.Accountabilities
/ Responsibilities:We are actively hiring for an Medical Assistant.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Comply with the SCA and facility policy and procedures.
- Function as an assistive person by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment machinery and follows
procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from
- Assembling supplies and equipment;
- Assuming an active role in assisting patient with care
- Proactively optimizes opportunities to enhance flow and
efficiency of the center;
- Orienting patient to environment;
- Maintaining patient normothermia;
- Assisting with patient transfers;
- Assisting throughout the facility in environmental
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Notify the RN any observed changes in patient's status and
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Monitor vital signs and recognize emergencies and notify
- Clean and prepare equipment according to manufacturer's
instructions for use.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in patient
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures,
regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines
when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assignedQualifications:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- One year of Medical Assistant / Nursing Assistant/ Patient Care
Tech experience preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant (MA)/Nursing Assistant
(CNA)/Patient Care (PCT) preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminologyWorking Conditions/Physical
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hoursAs a representative of Surgical Care
Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a
direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients,
families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools,
visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must
be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Downey , Medical Assistant (FT) - Physicians Surgery Center of Downey, Healthcare , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!