Pharmacy Senior Technician - Pasadena - Medical Network
Posted on: September 19, 2022
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on
the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it s just one of the many reasons we ve
achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you ll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America s Best Hospitals! What will you be doing in
this role? This position involves driving primarrily in the San
Gabriel area (surrounding citiies). May also need to drive to LA
area if needed The Senior Pharmacy Technician at the Cedars-Sinai
Medical Network Foundation supports the physician and clinical
staff offices in the delivery of health care by performing a
variety of medically related tasks in the area of pharmaceutical
supplies and services.
- You will assist in overseeing appropriate use of Pyxis
- Provides training to all nursing staff on the appropriate use
- Ensures staff is properly signing out medications and all
medications are accounted for.
- Restocking appropriate medications into Pyxis as par levels
- Performs inventory of medications in Pyxis on a weekly
- Checks for expired medications on a monthly basis
- Sends expired medications back to manufacturer/vendor, if
- Assures all refrigeration temperatures are in range
- Generates various reports from Pyxis on a daily/weekly/monthly
basis depending on the report
- Facilitates Injectable Medication Authorization process
- Educates and reinforces office staff regarding the completion
of the injectable medication referral form.
- Assists Pharmacy Buyer with Medication Purchasing (if
- Creates POs for all medications to be purchased in
- Procures medications from appropriate vendor based on
established or projected inventory needs for all medical group
- Verifies accuracy of medications received and conducts
follow-up when problems are identified.
- Performs weekly audits of vendor invoices to ensure company is
billed at the contract price.
- High School Diploma/GED Licenses:
- CA Pharmacy Tech License
- CA valid Driver's license What else are we looking for?
- 3+ years as a Pharmacy Support Specialist or 5+ years
experience in inpatient hospital experience, and/or relevant
experience in a pharmacy setting. Buyer experience preferred.
- Experience with Pyxis or any automated medication dispensing
units is preferred Physical Demands:
- Lifting, Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching,
handling, grasping, hearing, talking. The physical ability and
perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect
patient care functions. Must be able to perform assigned duties in
a demanding work environment.
Working Title:Pharmacy Senior Technician - Pasadena - Medical
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Downey , Pharmacy Senior Technician - Pasadena - Medical Network, Healthcare , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!