Alcohol Nurse Counselors
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Responsible for nursing assessment,
monitoring and support of outpatients and/or inpatients by the
Addiction Medicine Department.Essential Responsibilities:
- Conducts Nursing assessments of patients, screening for
detoxification needs and other health-related concerns.
- Based on preliminary assessment and/or diagnosis, recommends
the next level of treatment and liaisons with appropriate staff to
ensure continuity of care.
- Implements outpatient detoxification protocols and administers
medications and processes laboratory requests consistent with
- Evaluates and documents the efficacy of treatments and/or
- Develops and presents (as directed) patient-oriented lectures
and materials or health-related and program concerns Functions as a
member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, making appropriate
referrals, advocating for patient needs, coordinating care
delivery, and maintaining/improving quality standards.
- Provides consultation services to physicians and nurses within
other Kaiser medical departments as directed and provides clear,
concise and targeted evaluations of patient need for Addiction
Medicine continuing care services.
- Provides appropriate nursing care in support of other program
- Orders, receives and distributes pharmaceuticals and medical
supplies as necessary.
- Assists in the development of nursing policies, practices and
procedures as related to the Department of Addiction Medicine.
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing nursing care in
an addictions treatment setting.Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Valid and current RN license to practice nursing in the state
- BCLS Certification.Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of practice standards within the field of addiction
- Knowledge of community organizations, referral resources.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,Downey,Orchard Medical Offices
Building AHoursPerWeek : 0Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, Fri, SatWorkingHoursStart : VariesWorkingHoursEnd : VariesJob
Schedule : Per DiemJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B25-AFSCME-SCNSCJob Level
: Individual ContributorJob Category : Nursing LicensedDepartment :
Addiction MedicineTravel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Downey , Alcohol Nurse Counselors, Healthcare , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!