Marketing Manager, IT Solutions
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Posted on: November 17, 2023
The Marketing Manager - IT Solutions is the subject matter
expert for StreamConnect, a clinical content management
application. StreamConnect empowers surgeons and other hospital
team members to manage their clinical video, virtually collaborate,
and monitor that status of the operating room from anywhere.
This role is pivotal in promoting and driving adoption of
StreamConnect with healthcare institutions and professionals. To
accomplish this, we are looking for someone who blends a technical
IT competence with exceptional communication skills. With this
skill set you can bridge the gap between technical and
non-technical audiences. You will translate the capabilities of
StreamConnect into compelling value propositions for our target
Additionally, you will be responsible for uncovering customer needs
and making solution suggestions as it relates to the capabilities
of StreamConnect and future products and subsequently bringing them
to market successfully.
II. Job Duties
- Regularly lead customer presentations both virtually and in
person out of the Los Angeles technology center
- With minimal oversight, implements strategic marketing tactics
and plans that support the specialty with a specific focus on
driving revenue growth and increased market share.
- With minimal oversight, develops and delivers marketing
resources (internal and external) to increase sales effectiveness,
brand awareness and engagement.
- Manages product/program launches assigned to them and the
on-going management of the legacy product/program portfolio.
- Global collaboration with business partners as necessary.
- Engages with and provides direct Marketing support to Field
Sales and Service who drive the Specialty Sales as well as
supporting training of new hires.
- Regularly solicits the field and customers for insights, input,
and ideas on how to optimize current products/programs or how to
create new products/programs and reports out on findings.
- Acts as subject matter and technical expert resource for the
- Partners with Technical Services to ensure they are aware of
new product capabilities and resources.
- Stays current on market trends and new product development
- In partnership with product management, demand planning and
materials management, is responsible for the demand
planning/forecasting for specialty's products, as applicable.
- Ambassador for brand, image, and messaging of the specialty's
product portfolio in U.S. market.
- Partners with geographies, marketing specialties, education
team and functional experts to develop and execute field and
customer education and training plan.
- Under guidance of management, defines and executes
product/program positioning, messaging, and marketing/advertising
plan in alignment with broader portfolio considerations.
- Acts as conduit to in-house cross functional team members,
upper-level management, KST, and external vendors as necessary for
information/insight that is provided by the field service, field
sales operations representatives, customers, operations management,
etc. and vice versa.
- Synthesizes market trends and communicates implications to
Marketing, US Sales, and Americas Leadership Team through regular
- Manages labs and conventions with minimal guidance and delivers
on customer and field expectations. Reports out on activities and
key learnings to team and management and follows up on leads and
- Provide IT product support for sales demonstrations (configure
and network StreamConnect demo systems with cart-based video and
OR1 demo units). Requires travel for on-site demo support.
- Maintain (inventory and update) StreamConnect cart-based demo
system. Ensure each system has the latest software, demo patient
data, and correct hardware configuration at all times.
- Work with the local sales team to make sure IT is engaged and
all pending IT questions are addressed for the bid and installation
process. Requires travel to attend IT meetings. Requires flexible
availability to participate in customer scheduled conference
- Collaborate with internal network specialists supporting their
installation efforts through education and technical
- Promote adoption, utilization, and expansion of product at
customer sites post installation. Requires travel to recently
installed customer sites for product training to promote
- Create customer training materials, to include on-line training
- Manage beta tests for new product development projects.
Requires travel to test sites.
- Adheres to the cost center annual budget (OPEX)
III. Minimum Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience: 3 Years B2B Sales,
Product Management or Marketing Experience
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials: bachelor's
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the healthcare information systems and protocols
including PACS, VNA, EHR, HL7 and DICOM
- Knowledge of IT principles including server and network
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Ability to take direction from management and executes tasks
within a project in a timely manner.
- Frequently demonstrates ability to manage some projects
- Experience in writing, presentation, and communication of
complex topics to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Consistently organize resources, analyzing and solving
problems, establishing priorities within tasks given, and making
evaluative judgments with supervision from the Director of
Preferred years of relevant work experience: 5 Years B2B Sales,
Product Management or Marketing Experience
Preferred education, certifications and/or credentials: bachelor's
Preferred hard skill requirements:
- Software Tools: SAP, Salesforce, Asana
- SaaS and Cloud Technologies
- Licensing models
- Privacy and cybersecurity standards
- Technical architecture
Preferred soft skill requirements:
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze data, interpret metrics
and make data-driven decisions.
- Collaboration: Ability to partner and execute with cross
functional teams including engineering, product management,
operations and sales.
IV. Essential Function
Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat
fellow employees with respect.
Has contact with: External customer and internal coworkers.
Physical requirement/Demands: Regularly handling, demonstrating,
installing, packaging, transporting, carrying of Company medical
equipment individually weighing 1 - 35lbs. (At an employee's
discretion, the employee may ask for human or mechanical assistance
whenever asked to move or handle equipment.) Mental requirements/
Interpersonal and communication skills:
V. Core Requirements
Degree of accountability: Generally Managed Degree of decision
making: Wide variety of tasks
Financial/Budgetary: Supervised responsibility of revenues and cost
Safety: Adhere to KARL STORZ Safety protocols Quality: Adhere to
KARL STORZ Quality Management System Supervision: Does not
Authority to Sign (not applicable for North America):
Travel: 30% of the year, including potential international
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more! Field sales, internships, and part-time
employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process . click apply for full job details
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Downey , Marketing Manager, IT Solutions, Executive , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!