Corporate Controls Engineering Manager - RCCB
Company: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Join the leading beverage provider, Reyes Coca-Cola
- Pay Range: $103,959 to $129,949The compensation range reflects
the Company's reasonable expectation at the time of posting. We
consider a number of factors when making individual compensation
decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and
training, and other business needs. This role may also be eligible
to participate in a discretionary incentive program, subject to the
rules governing the program.Position Summary:The Corporate Controls
Engineering Manager will assist the company's manufacturing plants
with addressing chronic downtime issues and driving improvement in
equipment performance. This position will provide the plants
support by assisting in preventive maintenance (PM) development,
service, installation, commissioning, training, and consultation on
high-speed packaging equipment. The Corporate Controls Engineering
Manager will provide on-site as well as remote technical support
and troubleshooting of plant equipment.Position Responsibilities
may include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a resource both on-site and remotely for plants
experiencing catastrophic downtime events, chronic nuisance issues
and/or a lack of onsite technical resources.
- Build plant relationships in a professional manner through
- Work with plant electricians and mechanics to assist with
day-to-day equipment troubleshooting including electrical,
mechanical and process related issues.
- Troubleshoot bottling and support equipment including fillers,
cappers, depals, labelers, case and shrink packers, palletizers,
wrappers, blenders, pasteurizers, sterilizers, boilers, ammonia
compressors and air compressors.
- Identify when vendor support is needed based on troubleshooting
- Assist with vendor coordination support for plants during
critical downtime events.
- Communicate issues/findings from downtime events with plant
leadership and assist in developing long term strategy for
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team to observe machine/line
performance and identify issues and opportunities for
- Participate in and lead structured problem-solving exercises
such as Breakdown Analysis (BDA) and other root cause analysis
i.e., 5 Why, Fishbone, etc.
- Support automation hardware and software within the plants
(Allen-Bradley/Rockwell and Siemens) including Programmable Logic
Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interface (HMIs), Variable
Frequency Drives (VFDs), industrial networks and other various
- Work with Operations Excellence (OE) group and plant leadership
to ensure line controls are properly balanced for optimal
- Maintain and update plant Line Information System (LIS) to
ensure it is accurately reporting OE data.
- Support manufacturing plant operations network, including
helping plants troubleshoot local issues, collaborating with
vendors to support installs/updates and interfacing with corporate
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for new equipment
to ensure that equipment meets company requirements and
- Manage capital projects and new equipment installations,
including scoping projects, submitting requests for appropriations,
Request for Approval (RFA), coordinating and supervising vendors
and interfacing with plant leadership.
- Assist with developing long term capital improvement plans for
- Other projects or duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Bachelor's degree, 6 plus years of experience in
troubleshooting/investigating mechanical, electrical and process
related issues and 3 years of people management experience or High
School Diploma/GED, 9 plus years of related experience and 4 years
of people management experience.
- Experience interpreting documents such as technical
publications, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)procedures,
safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of report
creation and data entry
- Maintain valid passport for international travel to OEM sites
for training and FATs.
- Travel up to 80% to the company's manufacturing plants based on
area of responsibility
- Available nights and weekends to provide technical support to
the company as needed on an emergency basis
- Strong electrical skills, including motors, AC servo drives,
electrical circuitry, PLC, and PC-based control systems
- Experience with Siemens programming software, i.e., TIA Portal,
Step 7, etc.
- Experience with Allen Bradley control systems
- Servo Motor applications and communications experience
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree
- Experience in thermal process in hot fill beverage
- Experience in line controls for highspeed packaging
equipment.Physical Demands and Work Environment:Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our
business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order
inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of
Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job
functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able
to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should
contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any,
reasonable accommodation may be made.As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select
applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, Downey , Corporate Controls Engineering Manager - RCCB, Executive , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...