Store Manager (Hourly)
Company: Things Remembered
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview -Things Remembered Store Managers are responsible for
the retail stores daily operations including the management of a
sales staff (3-15 teammates). Our Store Managers main
responsibility is to manage the store to ensure that the store
meets sales and financial goals and provides exceptional customer
service while maintaining full compliance with a variety of
operational requirements.Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- *A Store Manager is responsible for achieving sales and other
store financial goals. Must analyze and understand financial
goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
- *Interview, hire, and train sales staff according to Company
- *Supervise sales teammates engaged in customer sales,
engraving, inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
- *A Store Manager demonstrates success in selling. Utilizes
Company selling techniques such as add-on sales and describes
engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and
reach store and individual sales goals. This requires continual
mobility throughout the store including standing and walking to
effectively assist customers during the sales process.
- *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations:
engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment
maintenance. This requires continual mobility including standing
and walking throughout the store and between the register and
engraving equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling.
Ensure teammates are properly trained in these basic store
- *Participate in store activities of stocking merchandise,
processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely
manner. This requires continual mobility including constant
standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently
lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well
as frequently climbing a 3-foot ladder working with arms overhead
and occasionally using a 3-10-foot ladder to work with arms
- *Plan and prepare work schedules, managing to required payroll
hours and work single coverage in the store. -
- *A Store Manager is responsible for motivating and managing
sales teammates to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that
employee relations issues are handled appropriately.
- *Coordination of sales promotions and merchandise displays.
Maintain a clean, visually appealing retail store to Company
guidelines. This requires continual mobility consisting of frequent
walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and
working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
- *Create a retail store environment that ensures great customer
service. Resolve all customer complaints.
- *Responsible for physical security of the store and off-site
storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
- *Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits
and ensuring teammates are in compliance.
- *Responsible for two annual comprehensive physical inventories.
Maintain accurate inventory results throughout the year by
analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise
- Complete required Assessment (presented at the end of
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management experience in a
mall-based environment -
- Small box retail and single coverage experience
- Selling experience
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct
- Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify
customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise
- Experience in training and developing a team
- Ability to hold teams accountable and confront the tough
- Good negotiating skills
- Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills
- Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
- Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first
Keywords: Things Remembered, Downey , Store Manager (Hourly), Executive , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!