Chief Operations Officer
Company: Meruelo Group
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is a leading company in the
construction and engineering industry. We perform engineering &
construction work in a variety of market segments. We are
headquartered in Los Angeles with business units in LA, Riverside,
San Diego and Ventura performing work throughout California.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will report to the President of
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc (MEI). The COO is responsible for
implementing the vision set by the President of MEI. The COO under
the direction of the President will formulate the company's
strategic planning to achieve the objectives of the business plan
with the aim of maximizing return and minimizing risk for the
CORE ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the vision set by the President of MEI
- Assist with formulating the company's strategic planning to
achieve the objectives of the business plan, with the aim of
maximizing return and minimizing risk for the company.
- Setting up measurable standards of performance for each
company/department and measuring that performance against
- Track and manage performance.
- Work with construction companies to evaluate impact of current
and anticipated work methods, business processes, and resource
allocation on work execution.
- Analyze historical work, cost, and resource needs data to
identify trends, and bottlenecks.
- Establish company-wide systems and procedures for reporting,
project controls, financial controls, and employee relations.
- Participate in variety of strategy meetings to recommend
approaches for construction company operations planning.
- Develop modeling strategies for forecasting.
- Lead companies during changes in financial cycles.
- Communicate company statuses, both verbally and in written
correspondence, to senior executives, project team members,
consultants, and partners.
- Collaborate with operational, financial, and other managers to
develop integrated plans and identify associated risks
- Provide functional management to construction company
presidents and managers.
- Be thoroughly versed in the operations of the construction
- Be an innovative leader in marketing and operations.
- Create a company cultural consistent with the vision of the
- Clearly communicate the company's status and direction to
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a bachelor's degree
- Typically possesses 20 years of progressive construction
- Must have a minimum of seven years as a Vice President or
Divisional Manager managing projects in excess of $50 million of
- Demonstrated experience maximize company profitability
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing corporate
growth strategies and positioning companies to excel in its
- Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally and in
written correspondence, to senior executives, project team members,
consultants, and partners.
- Heavy Oil/Gas/Transportation or Electrical Industry leaders
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. offers a very competitive pay and
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This
description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any
other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with
company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right
to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add
or change the duties of this position any time. Minorities and
Females are encouraged to apply. Applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin,
age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or
Keywords: Meruelo Group, Downey , Chief Operations Officer, Executive , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!