Production Manager (Downey)
Company: Astro Pak Corp
Posted on: January 9, 2021
COMPANY BACKGROUNDAstro Pak is the nation's leading precision
cleaning and passivation contractor specializing in on-site
cleaning of high purity gas and fluid systems, as well as precision
cleaning of components and hardware at the company's Cleanroom
facilities. Astro Pak provides services to over 15 sectors
including: Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Semiconductor,
and other selected Industrial markets. The company, founded in
1959, has performed on-site precision chemical cleaning in every
State of the Union as well as several projects in Asia, continental
Europe, England, Ireland and Mexico.POSITION OPPORTUNITYReporting
to the General Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for
overall Operations within our California Cleanroom located in
Downey, California. Our California facility houses AS9100 / ISO
certified Class 5 & 6 (FED STD Class 100 & 1,000) cleanrooms and
labs. Providing leadership to 3-5 direct reports, the Production
Manager will have overall supervision of over 40 plus people.
Responsibilities include consistently improving throughput and
maintaining on-time delivery while complying with all QMS
requirements and managing the team in such a manner as to execute
with excellence and create an exceptional experience for the
customer.ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee all cleanroom operations including preclean,
LCC, Lab, Packaging, and Cymer.
- Execute the production schedule to meet and exceed customer
on-time delivery requirements while balancing production floor
capacity with a dynamically changing order mix.
- Implement service strategies that drive improvements in
customer satisfaction and communication.
- Actively lead the Operations Team including staffing and
performance, team member skill and career development, motivation,
performance evaluation, salary planning, work prioritization and
technical oversight of work product.
- Identify new equipment and processes to improve Astro Pak's
service offer ability.
- Key stakeholder in project risk review and estimating
- Work closely with Planning, Engineering, Quality, Facility and
Sales teams to ensure clear communication and alignment of
- Develop and track KPI's to provide clear visibility into
operations process and execution.
- Lead and support HR with team member administrative tasks
including staffing, discipline, timecards
- Proactively model Astro Pak's vision, mission, values and
desired culture to team members.
- Analyze and implement projects subject to the U.S. Export
Control Laws which include, but are not limited to, 22 Code of
Federal Regulations (C.F.R.) Subchapter M, U.S. Department of
Energy regulations found in 10 C.F.R. Part 10, the U.S. Nuclear
Regulatory Commission regulations found in 10 C.F.R. Part 110 and
the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations
found in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 et seq.OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforce/support company policies
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying,
taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions
as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Participates proactively with team to achieve departmental and
- Actively exemplifies our core values and leads by example
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to interact at all levels of company and with people of
various backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic that demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and
a competitive spirit, ability to listen to customers' needs and
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field
preferred.Related Experience: 7-10 years prior manufacturing,
production or operations management. Cleanroom experience
preferred. Should also demonstrate prior job stability &
dependability.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong computer skills
with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be able to read
and write simple instructions and correspondence. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group
situations to customers, clients and other employees within the
organization. Managing one's own time. The ability to tell when
something is wrong or is likely to go wrong with a customer's
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Will be exposed to dust, fume, smoke, toxic chemicals and
- Noisy conditions periodically
- Wet or humid conditions (indoors)CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to build, architect, and develop departments from
- Demonstrate visionary leadership and constantly find ways to
innovate and continually improve people and processes.
- Proven leadership skills in working collaboratively with teams
and influencing those beyond a formal reporting relationship.
- Ability to interact across all levels of company and with
people of diverse backgrounds, roles and experience.
- Strong detail-orientation and accuracy, organization and time
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.Astro Pak Corporation is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability,
gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Astro Pak
prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and
will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon
request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for
employees with a disability.
Keywords: Astro Pak Corp, Downey , Production Manager (Downey), Executive , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!