Company: IMPEX Technologies
Posted on: January 9, 2021
This is a 12-month contract opportunity in Sunny California with
one of our large public sector clients. Our client seeks to obtain
the services of up to three (3) Consultants to perform Enterprise
Network Security/System Analyst monitoring, identifying, alerting,
troubleshooting, and triaging of their critical network,
application and security environments.The impact of the COVID-19
virus on their operations has resulted in a greater demand for
remote telecommunications skillsets, thereby increasing their need
for experienced Consultants to support the growing Teleworker
workforce. The Consultant will be required to incorporate those
skillsets necessary for installation and support of secure remote
access applications and tools in use by the current and growing
numbers of personnel on their remote PCs, laptops, iPads,
Cellphones, and other personal communications devices.Description
- Support routine operational tasks associated with Enterprise
Network, IBM Mainframe, Windows/Linux production systems and
platforms including infrastructure monitoring systems, running and
interpreting scripted reporting activities, maintaining
infrastructure hosted workstation.
- Provide support of complex network, VOIP, and server operating
- Perform a wide range of network related duties, including the
design, implementation, configurations and maintenance of complex
networks (e.g., routers, switches, bridges, etc.) and/or
dispatching and managing the client or vendor repair services.
- Provide support of devices' and Image Operating System (IOS)
software upgrade projects and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN)
switch port modification projects.
- Perform NMS Testing on WAN or LAN infrastructure upgrades.
- Participate in various testing, information gathering in
support of fault isolation, monitoring, management, and
troubleshooting; generate reports and metrics in support of
existing incidents and forensic review.
- Assist in managing projects and special assignments of the
section, as required, including operating system software, system
utilities and tools.
- Serve as a Tier 2 support resource and escalate to the
- Provide Tier I, II and III support/assistance to higher level
staff concerning on-going projects and technical workloads.
- Responsible for centralized monitoring, complex troubleshooting
and triaging of operational infrastructures, and maintaining of the
client's managed data center and LAN/WAN infrastructures using
various management and monitoring tools to identify existing or
potential network, server, and data center infrastructure
- Analyze customer tickets for security and operational concerns;
serves as an escalation (Tier 2) technical resources and takes
necessary action to isolate and/or resolve operational events.
- Serve as the focal point of all activities related to detection
and isolation of incidents and security intrusions, ensuring prompt
response and corrective actions, notification and escalation.
- Document all actions taken to resolve customer's problems into
- Provide network security monitoring and support to mitigate,
isolate, and resolve security incidents by implementing network
security solutions, including access lists and network intrusion
and prevention systems.
- Maintain managed Network Intrusion Detection System
- Configure network devices' blocking interfaces on NIDS/IPS to
ensure our networks are well-protected.
- Review signatures and analyze virus intrusion reports and
initiates corrective action as required.
- Actively monitors security threats and escalates as
- Handle Port Opening Request
- Work on ServiceNow Cherwell tickets by contacting the assigned
and /or dispatched vendor resources for appropriate status updates
- Maintain active monitoring environments and processes.
- Review existing customer tickets to determine ticket status and
follows up as appropriate.
- Direct, coordinate and actively participate with the client or
vendor repair groups to ensure the completion of installations,
reconfigurations, repairs, and processing of change orders as
directed by customers, Engineers, or Management.
- Communicate and work directly with customers, vendors, and
Network Operations Center staff to identify problems, implement
solutions, and obtains feedback on results.
- Process and validate Change tickets and vendor access
- May serve as back-up to Principal Network System Administrator
- Review, process and approve vendor access requests forms.
- Generate required reports such as; Cisco Works Syslog reports,
NetScout, Wireshark, PRTG, CACTI, Open Network Management System
(ONMS) and other monitoring-tool reports and traces in support of
existing incidents and forensic reviews.
- Generate and prioritize proactive tickets via monitoring and
- Assist technology resources toward development and maintenance
of operational "Run Books" and tactical procedures.
- Document all technical work and update existing documentation
- Refine the security incident response processes supporting a
Cyber Governance Division by analyzing the current process to
reduce the number of steps, handoffs, and inefficiencies in current
- Responsible for all aspects of user support, system
configuration, system administration, customer
interaction/notification, working with vendors (i.e. Cisco,
Microsoft, McAfee, etc.), work with internal and external customer
departments, work with internal and external customer Department
Information Security Officers (DISOs) and provide weekly incident
ticket status to Cyber Governance and Operations management and
- Provide knowledge transfer to Enterprise Operations staff.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on an as needed or
regular basis.Minimum Requirements
- Three (3) years of experience within the last four (4) years in
the capacity of a Network Systems Administrator or similar
- Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years as a
systems administrator or network engineer supporting a networked
environment with at least 100 servers, 2,000 or more users and
multiple firewalls, switches, and routers. The network environment
must consist of multiple VLANs in a single location AND multiple
physical locations connected through routers or similar layer-3
- Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years in a
security monitoring role.
Keywords: IMPEX Technologies, Downey , NOC Engineer, Engineering , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!