Job Coach - SEP_TEP - Downey (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Provides supervision to clients with developmental disabilities in
individual or group enclave settings. Coaches assigned participants
in learning new job duties and skills to ensure they reach their
potential, striving to achieve positive outcomes in competitive,
integrated employment settings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees completion of assigned tasks; coaches assigned
participants to assist them in learning job duties, remain focused
on appropriate work behaviors and ensure they reach their
potential, maximize productivity and stabilization on the job.
2. Serves as liaison to the employer and helps ensure that the
participant is successfully integrated into the workplace. Assesses
ongoing support service needs that may represent barriers to
3. Assists participants with developing and maintaining positive
interaction with co-workers, customers and other members of the
4. Through the use of hand-over-hand training, positive behavior
modification techniques, and other interventions, assists
participants with effectively learning and executing their assigned
5. Acts as the participant's advocate for their employment rights
and suggests alternative work methods or reasonable accommodation
when necessary. Identifies and alerts site supervisor to potential
needs for reasonable accommodation.
6. Maintains communication between participants, program staff,
primary Department of Rehabilitation or Regional Center Counselor,
and other key stakeholders.
7. Monitors participant production rate and performs periodic
productivity measurements based on set guidelines established by
the company and regulatory requirements.
8. Completes regular written progress reports, case notes and other
required case file records for each assigned participant,
productivity logs and information/ documentation required for
billing. Some positions may require daily inventory records and the
creation of lists of needed inventory replenishment, or travel to
multiple sites to conduct coaching activities.
9. Ensures compliance with work rules and safety requirements.
Reports compliance concerns and unsafe conditions to appropriate
employer personnel. When supervising participants, enforces
compliance with all work rules especially safety related
10. This position may require local travel (up to > 50% of the
time) to multiple coaching sites; a valid CA driver's license and
state-required auto insurance are necessary. Driving records must
be acceptable by our insurance carrier.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
2. Follows all company safety standards, social distancing
procedures and personal protective equipment policies.
3. Committed to all safety rules and exercises caution in work
• Supervises assigned program participants in performing
Education & Experience
• Minimum 2 years of job coaching or relevant experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required,
some college preferred.
• Knowledgeable on responding to work-related needs of people with
disabilities; ADA knowledge preferred.
• Ability to speak another language and understand another culture
as required by the program or local community.
• Excellent people skills and demonstrated patience &
professionalism in working with all levels of participants and
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Shift flexibility and overtime when needed
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide
reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal
and State LawIndeed123
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family WCD Pay Type Hourly Apply Now
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Downey , Job Coach - SEP_TEP - Downey (PT), Education / Teaching , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!