Company: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is a leading company in the
construction and engineering industry. We perform engineering &
construction work in a variety of market segments. We are
headquartered in Los Angeles with business units in LA, Riverside,
San Diego and Ventura performing work throughout California.
PURPOSE: Provide leadership and coordination of company financial
planning, and budget management functions. Ensure company
accounting procedures and financial statements conform to generally
- Lead the month-end close processes, including preparation and
review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial
statements and explain material variances vs budget/forecast/prior
- Manage technical accounting activities in-line with recent GAAP
pronouncements and implementing new FASB Standards.
- Assist in managing and training the various accounting
- Ensure the parent company and all subsidiary companies comply
with the company's Internal Controls
- Compiling WIP (work in process) financial reports and job
- Assist in preparation and in managing various audits including
financial statement, state agencies, and union.
- Identify areas of business process improvements, strategic
initiatives and efficiencies. Identify and establish effective
- Analyze financial performance and in conjunction with
subsidiaries look for ways to improve the company performance and
- Assisting VP of Finance with forecasting, budgeting, audits,
financial analysis and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Accounting certification such as CPA or CMA preferred.
Experience in Public Accounting Preferred.
- 7-10 years of construction industry experience (including
expert knowledge of "percentage of completion" accounting
- Experience with Spectrum accounting software, Crystal Reports
and FRX knowledge a plus
- Good team building skills and the ability to work with our
other construction and engineering divisions
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all relevant federal, state
and local laws / regulation requirements regarding financial
records, pension, profit sharing, standard accounting
- Ability to interpret financial reporting requirements of each
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information
appropriate and effectively.
- Comply with accounting and all other company policies,
procedures, as well as all relevant federal, state and local
Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office;
noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This
description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any
other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with
company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right
to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add
or change the duties of this position at any time.
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. offers a very competitive pay and
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc., Downey , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!