Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Support the
Bottom Line - and the Big Picture Create the financial strategies
that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this
team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive
operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging
opportunities to influence the future of health care. Senior
Financial Analyst Location: Downey, CA Job Number: 937618 Date
posted: 03/11/2021 Submit Interest Description: Prepares financial
reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries
to management. May be accountable for the coordination, compilation
and distribution of financial data by junior staff. Performs
financial analysis upon identification of variances, and
coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as
defined. Participates in the planning and development of regional,
departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for
budget system completion and high level reviews. Participates in
and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Initiates investigation of budget variances, cost trends and
utilization patterns and performs analysis.
- Coordinates budget monitoring process as defined by
- Ensures budget forecasting and financial planning and analysis
are conducted in accordance with Administrative
- Designs analytical reports and prepares complex financial trend
and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation, and
verification of analytic interpretation of financial reports and
analyses prepared by junior staff.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional,
departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level
- Performs special projects/studies of moderate to complex scope
- Develops work plans independently.
- Completes structured projects with targeted analytical
outcomes, defined clients and project teams.
- Works autonomously and collaboratively with project teams and
clients identifying operational impact of analytical
- Manages projects of moderate to complex scope with general
- Conducts ongoing user education and provides management
consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports,
methodologies and source data and systems.
- May develop spreadsheet and database analyses for presentation
and analysis of financial reports.
- Coordinates and interacts with any of the following: Finance
Team, Admin, Dept. Administrators & Chiefs in providing analytical
assistance within defined parameters.
- May prepare and/or give presentations.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to
financial management and budget systems and related automated
- Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time
- Complexity: Works under limited guidance; accountable to
complete work assignments.
- Span of Control: May provide functional direction to junior
- Minimum four (4) years related experience (with bachelor's
degree or equivalent experience specified in Minimum
- Minimum two (2) years related experience (with master's
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field;--OR four (4) years
of directly related experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present
values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and
spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as
graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/A Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey Boeing -
Independence Park Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours
End: Variable Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual
Contributor Job Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial
Services Specialty: Finance Department: Independence Park - Pharm
Admin - CFO - 0801 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers Our Events
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Downey , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Downey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!